Legalization is a proof for the document emanating from the authorities of the state or compiled with the assistance of the authorities and consistent with the law of that state. It lies in the authentication of signature of the person signing the document and the seal of the authorized state body.
In accordance with international practice, there is no need for the legalization of passports and substituting documents.
The documents and acts that are contrary to the laws of Turkmenistan or its content may harm the interests of Turkmenistan or contain information discrediting the honor and dignity of citizens, as well as the originals and copies of passports, work books, military cards, identity cards, the ownership of the property, documents that are directly related to commercial or customs operations (accounts, documents on the movement of goods across the border, the agreement for the supply of goods, customs declarations, etc.) are not subject to legalization.
The following procedure should be carried out prior to submitting the documents to the Embassy of Turkmenistan for legalization:
1. Documents need to be certified by a public notary.
2. Documents should be legalized by the Consular Division of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Malaysia.
3. Each document should be certified and legalized separately and sealed properly with a ribbon (as shown in the picture).
4. Photocopies of all the documents must be provided to the Embassy of Turkmenistan.
5. If Company documents - Authorization letter to act on behalf of Company
6. Photocopy of Applicant's ID or Passport
7. Please make an appointment through email: email@example.com
Please, note that if any of these requirements are not fulfilled, the Embassy reserves the right not to accept the documents for legalization .
The request of the legalization can be made in person at the Embassy or by post. If applying by post, please send a self addressed, stamped and pre-paid envelope along with the documents for legalization.
Under normal circumstances, documents submitted can be collected on the same day or at the latest, the following working day.
The legalization fee should be paid in USD ($) on the day of applying. Payments in cash only. Please contact the Embassy to check the fee.