The consular section of the Embassy of Turkmenistan is responsible for the visa issue and legalization of documents.
Business hours of the consular section
Monday: 9.00- 18.00
Tuesday: 9.00- 18.00
Wednesday: 9.00- 18.00
Thursday: 9.00- 18.00
Friday: 9.00- 18.00
Lunch time : 13:00-14:00
All Malaysian citizens must obtain a visa to enter Turkmenistan.
PROCEDURE FOR OBTAINING A VISA:
Please, read the following directions below. Questions regarding visas, requests for applications, and completed applications should be directed to the Embassy of Turkmenistan:
The Embassy of Turkmenistan in Kuala Lumpur
14 Floor, Wisma Sin Heap Lee,
346, Jalan Tun Razak
50400, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Visa Application Form: Obtain a 2013 edition of Visa Application Form from the Embassy of Turkmenistan in Kuala Lumpur, or download it from here in pdf. Before completing application please read instructions. Please, fill in the Visa Application Form in one copy with recent passport size photos glued to form. Do not staple picture. Supply dates in the order of day-month-year. Old application editions or application folded or otherwise deteriorated will no longer be accepted.
- Submit a signed passport (valid for at least 6 months from the date of departure) along with a copy of its 1st page (showing bearer's details and signature), arranged vertically into the upper part of a standard Letter Size paper.
- The Embassy must have the original passport to process a visa.
- Submit a money in CASH - US dollars (Visa Cost Schedule).
- Submit a letter of invitation from the person or company to be visited certified by the State Migration Service of Turkmenistan.
The invitation is valid only for 3 (three) months from the date it was confirmed.
- If you are traveling as a tourist and will not be meeting anyone in Turkmenistan, you must contact any of travel and tourism agencies or companies in Turkmenistan. E.g. "Turkmen Syyahat" Tel:
(993-12) 35-47-77, 39-86-91; Fax: (993-12) 39-67-40 or 39-00-65, 39-77-71. You can also download a list of few travel agencies of Turkmenistan here in pdf for additional information and services available.
- For applicants applying for visa to stay in Turkmenistan for the period extending three months and more need to submit an original HIV/AIDS certificate from the doctor issued at least within last three months before the date of application. The certificate could be in English or Russian languages or have a certified translation to one of these languages.
- In addition to the requirements listed above, residents of Malaysia must submit a copy of their IC
1-Visa Application per person
2-Passport and its copy as described above
3-passport size photo glued to the Application
4-Cash payable to the Embassy of Turkmenistan
5-Certified letter of invitation
BUSINESS AND GUEST VISAS:
Applicants, wishing to obtain business and guest visas, need to submit the same abovementioned documents. As for the invitation letter of the State Migration Service of Turkmenistan, this must be requested by the inviting company or physical person in Turkmenistan.
Consular fee need to be paid at the date of submission of the documents to the Consular Section of the Embassy. In case of refusal or cancellation of the visa, the consular fee can’t be returned. Visa issues within ten calendar days from the date of submission of documents. Consular fee must be paid only in USD by cash at the Embassy.
Fees vary for the following countries: Afghanistan, Azerbaijan, Belgium, Georgia, Germany, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, United Kingdom, Uzbekistan and Tajikistan; please make prior check.
Visa issues within 10 (ten) business days:
A single entry visa
Up to 10 days - 35 USD
Up to 20 days - 45 USD
Up to 30 days - 55 USD
Up to 2 months - 85 USD
Up to 3 months - 115 USD
Up to 4 months - 145 USD
Up to 5 months - 175 USD
Up to 6 months - 205 USD
Multiple entry visas
Up to 10 days - 75 USD
Up to 20 days - 75 USD
Up to 30 days - 75 USD
Up to 2 months - 115 USD
Up to 3 months - 155 USD
Up to 4 months - 195 USD
Up to 5 months - 235 USD
Up to 6 months - 275 USD
Emergency visa is issued within 3 (three) business days:
A single entry visa
Up to 10 days - 55 USD
Up to 20 days - 75 USD
Up to 30 days - 95 USD
Up to 2 months - 155 USD
Up to 3 months - 215 USD
To 4 months - 275 USD
Up to 5 months - 335 USD
Up to 6 months - 395 USD
Multiple entry visa
Up to 10 days - 135 USD
Up to 20 days - 135 USD
Up to 30 days - 135 USD
Up to 2 months - 215 USD
Up to 3 months - 295 USD
Up to 4 months - 375 USD
Up to 5 months - 455 USD
Up to 6 months - 535 USD
For children aged up to 7 years visa issues without consular fees, only payment is for sticker and the cost of services, which is 15 USD.
Please, note that the answers to questions on the visa application will be reflected in the issued visa and should match those submitted in original documentation in Turkmenistan.